So, you want to play the ukulele, do ya? You’ve come to the right place 🙂 Just get in touch with me and I’m happy to help!
I’ve played ukulele for more than 7 years, basically giving up guitar and bass to focus on ukulele theory. I started playing when I lived in Samoa, so I learned from the best there. I have performed ukulele professionally at a funeral, as well as with bands.
I have taught a number of absolute beginners (Theresa, Devin’s friend), (including as Original Music Composer for a Prague Shakespeare Company production of Midsummer Night Dream, up to intermediate level (advanced chord shapes and theory with Carey and Sid of my uke club). I’m currently teaching myself to play left handed in order to teach myself and re-learn fundamentals (especially strumming) as if a beginner were doing it.
I took a private tutor class at Old Town School of Folk Music as well — just like Neal Pert, widely considered to be among the world’s greatest drummers, who wasn’t too proud to take drum lessons even at the height of his career.
- “It’s Ukulele Time” book for beginners – digital or printed copy
- Ukulele Aerobics – advanced work
- The Ukulele Way
- My Ukulele Songbooks, including “Hindsight is 2020”, Scorpex Uke tabs, as well as …
- Original adaptions such as Bohemian Rhapsody, Under The Bridge, and Freebird
- Discounts on purchasing ukuleles through a number of local and online stores.
- Only $20 for a 30 minute session! (Recommended bi-weekly)
- Beginner’s special: $50 for package of 4x 30-minute weekly sessions.
In addition, I have a Sunday afternoon ukulele club at 4pm. Happy to have new members! Just let me know!